Saturday, October 29, 2011

Andrea Govender likes Justin's Peanut Butter Cups

Today's Vegan Person I Like is my old friend, Andrea Govender! I have known Andrea since sometime in the 90's when we spent years navigating hardcore shows and a seemingly vegan-unfriendly suburban Detroit together. Andrea still lives in Detroit, in a big, beautiful, old home that she is restoring with her husband, Curtis. I love her dedication to and passion for a city that so many have left behind (guilty as charged!). Andrea is a jack of all trades working as a nanny and a rock-climbing instructor in addition to being a student and a mom! So yeah, she's a total badass.

She's pictured here with her son, Arlo, and the other Vegan Thing She Likes, Justin's Peanut Butter Cups.

I love many things that are vegan, but when I tried to think of something to write this post on nothing seemed exciting enough. I eat a pretty boring diet, lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nuts, etc. very delicious but not amazing. So last week while grocery shopping I kept an eye out for something new and delicious to try, I found it with Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. I prefer homemade ones, but if I make a batch I’ll eat too many so these are good in a pinch to satisfy my yearning for the chocolate peanut butter combo. I’m also excited about these peanut butter cups because it’s amazing to find something like this at the store! Being vegan has become much easier over the past fifteen years and I’m thrilled to find things like this commercially available. I had the little boy I babysit for, who is not vegan, try them and even he liked them. The picture shows me holding a new vegan thing I like, the peanut butter cups, and my son wearing his favorite vegan thing a “Bacon had a Mom” t-shirt from Herbivore clothing. Thanks Nicole for allowing me the opportunity to share a vegan thing I like!

No comments:

Post a Comment